Cake decorating has always been around, and as time goes by, new ideas are added to the list. Here are a few ideas for cake decorating that are so easy to achieve.
– Flowers: Real flowers have become quite popular in cake decorating circles. You should choose smaller flowers that are edible, and make sure they have been cleaned. It is best to use flowers from your own garden, or a garden that you know the owner does not use poisons. Rinse them in a lukewarm water bath and blot them dry with a paper towel. Make sure you pick the flowers right before you are ready to use them on the cake so they are fresh. If you would like to add a dewy look to your cake flowers, brushing on a bit of luster dust will make them look as if they are wet.
– Fruit: Orange slices, grapes, mandarin oranges, etc… You can make these fruits look frosted by beating an egg white, and brushing it on each piece of fruit, then dipping it in clear or colored sanding sugar. This has become very popular.
– Decorations Made of Fondant: You are able to use fondant icing to make beautiful cake decorations. You can choose to make flat decorations, or make them 3-D. You will find that you can copy designs from just about anywhere, and model the decorations as if you were making them out of modeling clay.
– Ready to Use Frosting: Frosting in a tube, is the new rage in cake decorating. A variety of tips can be bought to make different decorations. These tubes of icing come in quite a few colors, and can be kept on the pantry shelf between each use. You simply remove the icing tip and recap the tube.
– Color in a Can: You do not need to add color to your icing when frosting a cake. There are wonderful food colors in a can, that can be sprayed on any light colored frosting for a dynamic effect. You can tint the lake and sky blue, the trees and grass green, or spray the entire top of the cake to change the color.
All of the above ideas are very easy to use. Anyone can achieve a great looking decorated cake by using one or all of these ideas. If you are like most of us, your life can be quite hectic at best. If there is any way to make life a bit easier, and still afford beautiful cake decorations, it is worth the time to learn about it. You may never use all of the tips you will find on the internet for cake decorating.
If even one of the easy decorating ideas above works to help you save time, it will be priceless. I know it has been a terrific time saver for me, and I no longer need to worry about when I will find enough time to decorate that cake for my son’s birthday, or my parent’s anniversary. Here is hoping all of your cakes rise well, and your cake decorating always looks beautiful.